Acura Looking for “Three-Peat” at Season-Ending Petit Le Mans.
- Dane Cameron leads Acura qualifying effort at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta, Meyer Shank Racing ARX-05 will start fifth in 10-hour endurance contest
- Filipe Albuquerque qualifies seventh for championship-leading Wayne Taylor Racing
- John Potter to start his Acura NSX GT3 Evo 14th in GTD category
BRASELTON, Ga. (Nov. 12, 2021) – Dane Cameron led the way for Acura today in qualifying at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta for Saturday’s Petit Le Mans, and will start his #60 Meyer Shank Racing Acura ARX-05 from fifth in the 10-hour IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship season finale. Cameron’s co-drivers will be Helio Castroneves and Juan Pablo Montoya.
Championship leaders Filipe Albuquerque, Ricky Taylor and Alexander Rossi will start their #10 Wayne Taylor Racing Acura from seventh in the large, 42-car field. Taylor and Albuquerque will take a razor-thin eight-point lead into the endurance contest, as Acura seeks a “three-peat” of the drivers’ and teams’ championships in 2021.
In the production-based GTD category, John Potter qualifying his Magnus with Archangel Acura NSX GT3 Evo 15th; and will share driving duties tomorrow with Andy Lally and Spencer Pumpelly.
Petit Le Mans Qualifying Results
- 5th overall – #60 Dane Cameron, Meyer Shank Racing Acura ARX-05 DPi
- 7th overall – #10 Filipe Albuquerque, Wayne Taylor Racing Acura ARX-05 DPi
- 15th GTD – #44 John Potter, Magnus with Archangel Acura NSX GT3 Evo
Dane Cameron (#60 Meyer Shank Racing Acura ARX-05): Qualified fifth; co-drivers will be previous IMSA champions and Indianapolis 500 winners Helio Castroneves and Juan Pablo Montoya: “I thought the car was pretty good and the team made some improvements from practice. We were quick out of the gate and after I posted my fastest lap I knew that I couldn’t improve much more. At that point, it was more important to save the tires for the race. There are a few tweaks that we will make tonight to get the car ready for tomorrow, but I’m feeling pretty good about the race.”
Filipe Albuquerque (#10 Wayne Taylor Racing ARX-05) qualified seventh; race co-drivers will be defending IMSA champion Ricky Taylor and former Indianapolis 500 winner Alexander Rossi: “Today was the last qualifying of the year, and I felt quite confident in the car so threw everything I had at it. Unfortunately, it wasn’t enough [for the pole]. But 10 hours is long race. We’re holding on and never give up.”
- Acura is seeking its third consecutive IMSA Drivers’ and Teams’ championships this weekend. The tight battle – with just eight points separating first and second – will be settled tomorrow between the #10 Wayne Taylor Racing Acura and the #31 Action Express Cadillac.
- Propelled by wins this season at the Rolex 24 at Daytona and the Acura Mid-Ohio Sports Car Challenge at Mid-Ohio; plus podium finishes at Detroit and both Watkins Glen rounds, Wayne Taylor Racing’s Taylor and Albuquerque lead the Drivers’ Championship standings by eight points [3,095-3,087] over the Action Express full-season pairing of Pipe Derani and Felipe Nasr.
Where to Watch Saturday’s Petit Le Mans
Live network television coverage from Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta begins at 12 p.m. ET Saturday, November 13, for three hours on NBC. Coverage then moves to NBCSN from 3 p.m. ET to the finish. Live flag-to-flag race coverage also will be available on the NBC Sports App and NBCSN Gold with NBCSN Trackpass authentication.
Fans can listen in to audio commentary via IMSA.com, RadioLeMans.com and Sirius XM Radio [Sirius 216, XM 202, SiriusXM Online 992]; and follow the race live via in-car cameras, IMSA Radio and timing & scoring available worldwide on IMSA.com and the IMSA mobile device App.
Acura Motorsports social media content and video links from Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta can be found on Instagram (www.instagram.com/hondaracing_hpd), Twitter (twitter.com/HondaRacing_HPD) and Facebook (www.facebook.com/HondaRacingHPD). Additional features and long-form videos can be found on the Honda Racing/HPD YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/HondaRacingHPDTV).